We’re learning our visual culture through the screen.
LS:N Global editor Jonathan Openshaw’s new book investigates the post-digital world through its most brilliant artisans. Post-digital, he says, ‘doesn’t mean digital has gone, it means digital is everywhere’.
1. Go post-digital. We couldn’t escape the online world now, even if we tried.
2. Blend the online and offline. With nine hours a day looking at screens, our offline behaviour will be shaped by our online interactions.
3. Expand your view of artisans. Digital can be craft too.
4. Digitise your materials. Post-digital artisans make traditional materials act as if they are made of pixels.
5. Embrace technology. Respect for the past can be combined with the best of the present.